Save Energy at Work
It's easy to conserve energy. You just need to decide for yourself what to do. Whether you are a small or large business, it is the simple measures that are important for energy savings.
- 1. Turn off your computer if you're not using it for a long time. Also check that energy saving is enabled in the settings so that eg the screen turns off automatically after a while. Laptops consume less electricity as a rule, think about it when you renew your computer.
- Turn off your monitor when not in use, the stand-by mode on different machines causes 5-10% of electricity consumption.
- Turn off the copier if you are the last to leave the workplace. All copiers does not turn off automatically even today.
- Do not leave the chargers unnecessarily plugged in. The most common mobile phone chargers use electricity even when not charging.
- Turn off the lights when not needed. Fluorescent lamps should be turned off only when they will not be used for at least 10 minutes.
- Use the stairs instead of the elevator. If you are not carrying anything heavy, it is advisable to choose the stairs in stead of the elevator. It has a positive effect on your health in the long run.
- Close the blinds and curtains at night. Blinds and curtains act as an extra layer of insulation and reduce the need for heating.
- Ensure that the radiators are not covered.
Have questions or suggestions for improvement? Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org