Save Energy at Work
Below are some simple steps how you can save energy at Hanken.
It's easy to conserve energy. You just need to decide for yourself what to do. Whether you are a small or large business, it is the simple measures that are important for energy savings.
- 1. Turn off your computer if you're not using it for a long time. Also check that energy saving is enabled in the settings so that eg the screen turns off automatically after a while. Laptops consume less electricity as a rule, think about it when you renew your computer.
- Turn off your monitor when not in use, the stand-by mode on different machines causes 5-10% of electricity consumption.
- Turn off the copier if you are the last to leave the workplace. All copiers does not turn off automatically even today.
- Do not leave the chargers unnecessarily plugged in. The most common mobile phone chargers use electricity even when not charging.
- Turn off the lights when not needed. Fluorescent lamps should be turned off only when they will not be used for at least 10 minutes.
- Use the stairs instead of the elevator. If you are not carrying anything heavy, it is advisable to choose the stairs in stead of the elevator. It has a positive effect on your health in the long run.
- Close the blinds and curtains at night. Blinds and curtains act as an extra layer of insulation and reduce the need for heating.
- Ensure that the radiators are not covered.
Have questions or suggestions for improvement? Send e-mail to email@example.com