WLAN at Hanken
Wireless Local Area Network
WLAN is available both at both Campuses, in Helsinki and in Vaasa. Also in Tritonia, the joint library, WLAN is available.
Through WLAN you have acess to Internet services and e-mail , but not for example the files on the network fileserver (i.e. home directory H:/, shared group directory G:/ etc). Printing is not yet available for all operating systems.
To use the network, you need to:
- Connect your computer to the wireless network
- In Helsinki the network is named HOPENET
- In Vaasa, the network is named HANKWLAN
- at Tritonia, the network is
- Start a web browser and go to any web page. Now you are automatically redirected to an autenthication server.
IF you get a question about accepting the autenthication server certificate, accept it.
- Click on the "login" link in the middle of the text and
- Give your user name and password.
- In Helsinki, it is in the in the form "username"
- In Vaasa, it is inthe form "email@example.com"
NOTE that if you have a new user-id and password, you need to change your password the first time, from a Hanken computer, or from another network than the Hanken WLAN. (Your first password is valid only once, when you change it the first time, and to login to the wireless network, you already need a valid password)
Printing from WLAN in Helsinki
Printing from the wireless network HOPENet in Helsinki is possible with Windows XP and WIndows 7, but not with the newest Mac OS Lion (situation January 2012).
The printing is not as easy as from a Hanken Computer. In the PDF-document you find some intructions.