How Do I Report When I Arrive Back Home?
Information for Returning Students
Dear exchange student,
Welcome home! We hope that you have enjoyed your time at your host university. Now that you are back, the credits gained from your studies abroad should be transferred to Hanken. Before the credit transfer can be done, please hand in the following documents:
1. LEARNING AGREEMENT - If you have not yet handed in the final version of your learning agreement, please scan it and send it to outgoing.mobility (at) hanken.fi a.s.a.p. The courses shown on your learning agreement on Mobility Online should correspond to the courses you actually have completed. Please follow the instructions for how to fill in the learning agreement. If your host university does not use ECTS, please note that you should fill out the amount of local credits on the learning agreement.
2. COURSE DESCRIPTIONS - Please scan all course descriptions of the courses you have completed into one document. Upload the document in Mobility Online. You should show how many lectures each course has comprised, course literature, how the course was structured (i.e. lectures, your own work, exams etc). If you have previously sent your course descriptions per e-mail, please upload them again in Mobility Online.
3. LETTER OF CONFIRMATION: Please ask the international co-ordinator at your host university to fill in and sign the Letter of Confirmation at the end of your exchange period. Upload the form to Mobility Online immediately after your exchange semester.
4. EXCHANGE REPORT - You need to fill out a report on your exchange studies in Mobility Online. Unfortunately some technical difficulties have occured with the report, please save your answers in a word document before clicking "Create". Besides giving practical information regarding your exchange studies you will also reply to the following questions:
i. Reflect upon how the intercultural experiences (positive and/or negative) during your exchange semester have helped you develop your self-understanding, ability to relate to others, and respect for difference.
ii. How has your knowledge of business-related disciplines and how they relate to society developed during the exchange?
- Have you gained new insights or perspectives?
- How has the international environment contributed to the insights?
iii. Reflect upon how you could make use of your intercultural experiences in your studies at Hanken and at future workplaces?
Please reply carefully to the questions. The answers to these three questions will not be made public, but they will be used for Hanken's Assurance of Learning process. The process is based on Hanken's mission and the learning goals of the exchange programme. To see how you have achieved the learning goals your report will be analysed according to the assessment criteria. The analysis of the reports will be used as support in developing the student's learning outcome.
DEADLINES - The letter of confirmation, course descriptions and learning agreement should be handed in no later than one week after the end of your exchange semester. The exchange report should be filled out by March 30 if you were on exchange during the fall term. If your were on exchange during the spring term the report should be filled out latest by June 10 if the term ends in May and latest by August 15 if the term ends later in the summer.
When you have handed in the required documents and we have received your transcript from the host university, your transcript will be sent to the Office of Study Affairs for transfer of the credits. More information about credit transfer under Tranfer of credits from studies abroad.