Courses and study plans / Swedish
5623-B Swedish as a Foreign Language II
|Period: 3&4||20.1.2014 - 9.5.2014|
|Department||Languages and Communication|
The course is open for exchange students and master students with some prior knowledge of Swedish, CEFR-level A1.
Entry level CEFR A1 and target level CEFR A2.
Upon completion of the course, the student is expected to be able to
– understand short, simple texts on familiar, everyday matters and simple business-oriented subjects
– understand simple speech, phrases and expressions on familiar, everyday matters and simple business oriented subjects, provided the speech is clearly articulated and rather slow,
– describe in simple terms aspects of his/her background, immediate environment and matters in areas of immediate need,
– interact in a simple way on familiar topics and daily routines (shopping, traveling, restaurants, telephone conversations, local geography, employment)
– write short, simple texts and messages about people, places, jobs and studies as well as events and past activities,
– use the elementary grammatical constructions in written and oral communication.
Language of Instruction
56 h classroom lessons, 24 h self-studies
Levy Scherrer, P & Lindemalm, K.: Rivstart A1 + A2. Natur & Kultur.
Course on Moodle
Evaluation and Examination
Continuous assessment of activity in class (listening, speaking, basic writing). Written and oral examination.
Written and oral examination 90%, classroom activity 10 %
Kursen kan också tas av studerande med finska som modersmål på engelskspråkiga magisterprogram.
A minimum of six participants is required.