- M.Sc. (Econ.) Hanken 1987
- Ph.D. Hanken 1995.
- Professor of Marketing, Hanken, Helsinki, 2006.
- Professor of Service Marketing, Hanken, Vaasa Campus, 2005.
- Programme Director of Hanken, 1.9.2013-31.12.2016
- Vice Rector 2007-2009
- Head of the Department of Marketing 2002-2009.
- Director of KATAJA, the Finnish Doctoral Programme in Business Studies, 2012-
- Programme Director of the Master's Degree Programme in Marketing 2002-2013
- Member of the Hanken board 2007-2012
- 2000-2001, one year visiting scholar at Maastricht University, The Netherlands.
- 2004, two months visiting professor at Roskilde University, Denmark.
- 2008, two weeks, visiting professor at University of Liège, Belgium.
- 2012, one week, visiting professor at University of Gothenburg, Sweden.
- 2013, one week, visiting professor at Stockholm School of Economics, Sweden
Editorial Board Memberships:
- European Business Review
- European Journal of Marketing
- International Journal of Internet Marketing and Advertising
- International Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services
- Journal of Service Management
- Journal of Service Research
External evaluator, for example:
- Associate Professorship at Copenhagen Business School, Denmark
- Professorship in Business Economics, Högskolan i Trollhättan, Uddevalla, Sweden
- Lecturer and Professorship in Service Management, Lund University,Sweden
- Professorship in Marketing, especially welfare services, Turku University, Finland
- Professorship in Marketing, especially consumer behaviour and electronic market communication, Jyväskylä University, Finland
- External evaluator of doctoral theses at Southern Cross University, University of New South Wales (Australia), University of Alicante (Spain), University of Karlstad (Sweden)