Two Application Rounds per Year
There are two application rounds per year to the Hanken PhD Programme.
The application dates are:
- Spring 2013 application round: February 25 - April 8, 2013 (studies start in August 2013)
- Autumn 2013 application round: September 2 - September 30, 2013 (studies start in January 2014)
Applications must reach Hanken no later than the end date of the respective application round by 4:15 PM.
General Information on the Application Rounds
- The application form is made available on the web when the application round opens.
- Applications must be made in writing using the application form. No electronic applications are accepted.
- Our online information is updated for each application round. All updates for each application round are available no later than the start of that application round. Possible corrections or specifications made during the application round will be posted on this page.
What if I Graduate After the Application Deadline?
If you will graduate after the application deadline, you can apply for admission by enclosing provisional documentation according to the instructions at the page Application Documents. When you have graduated you should supplement your application with your degree certificate and the final transcript of records so that the supplementary documents reach Hanken School of Economics by the following deadlines:
- Spring 2013 application round: June 28, 2013 by 4:15 PM
- Autumn 2013 application round: December 20, 2013 by 4:15 PM
If you are unable to submit your degree certificate and final transcript of records by these deadlines, you cannot apply in the respective application round.