Research database HARIS
HARIS provides an overall view of the activities, publications and projects of researchers associated with Hanken. The old research database CRIS is still accessible, but not editable.
The information is accessible to students, staff and third parties. Researchers are encouraged to use the service for their own CV:s etc. It is very important that HARIS is kept up to date, because it is the primary source for statistics and used for accreditation purposes.
Researchers that want to register information in HARIS, log in with their ordinary Hanken-login at https://hanken.halvi.helsinki.fi/admin .
The classification system is based on guidelines by the Ministry of Education. Please familiarize yourself with them [docx] before entering data.
What publications/activities should be included in the database?
- Only officially published documents should be classified as publications. For example unpublished conference papers are entered as conference presentations. Documents that will be published after the entry date should be marked forthcoming.
- Documents are automatically copied to DHanken after they have been approved by the library, and will therefore be publically accessible. Find out more.
- Due to the accreditations reports it's truly important that the researcher have registered all his/hers publications and activities in HARIS from the past five years, even if the researcher haven't been employed by Hanken during the time.
Projects in HARIS
The Centre for Research and International Affairs administers the projects in HARIS. Contact person is Research Liaison Officer Mathias Björklund.
Department secretaries have access to HARIS and can provide help. They can also edit and add publiactions and activities. You can also email haris at hanken.fi or contact the library. If you have trouble logging in,contact InfoBiten.
Staff profiles are retrieved from Personec and can't be edited through HARIS. Report problems here.
Instructions for collecting research output from 2012
Deadline is 31 December 2012 for reporting this year's publications and activities
A preliminary list of all publications 2012 will be sent to the Heads of department in February 2013.
These documents makes the registration in HARIS easier:
- Short instructions [pdf] 805k
- Ministry of Education and Culture publication data collection manual 2012 [docx] 99k